Thursday, January 7, 2010

eBook: A big 'THANK YOU' to all readers

When I finally launched the FREE eBook on the last day of 2009 as a New Year gift, little did I expect such a wonderful response. I have been totally overwhelmed by the love, affection and respect that has flooded into my mail box.

I had decided to respond to each request for the eBook personally and promptly - instead of through an impersonal automated system. Due to the huge number of requests, I may not have been able to respond to all readers fast enough. Thanks for bearing with me.

Many of you have already completed reading the eBook and sent me suggestions for improvement and inclusion of various topics. This level of reader involvement and commitment has really impressed me.

For reasons of brevity, I had limited the eBook to a few of my earlier blog articles that gave an overview of how the stock market psychology works, what kind of portfolio to build, what mistakes to avoid and economic indicators to watch out for.

The excellent response and reader involvement has motivated me to plan two more eBooks - one on Fundamental analysis, and one on Technical analysis. These would require more effort and careful planning. I expect to announce the launch of one of them in the second half of 2010.

Some readers have requested me to hold training programmes on Technical analysis. I have been pondering over this for a while, and need to work out the logistics of delivering such a programme over the Internet.

To start with, the training programme will be restricted only to readers residing in and around Calcutta. The details will be announced later - I'm targetting an April 2010 launch.

Regarding the paid monthly newsletter - 'commercials' were liberally sprinkled in the eBook ('There is no such thing as a free lunch' - Milton Friedman), the brief outline is given below:-

1. There will be an annual subscription and a half-yearly subscription. (You can send me an email at mobugobu@yahoo.com for the rates.)

2. A detailed analysis of a carefully selected, under-the-radar stock will be featured each month. It need not be a 'hidden gem', and can be a large-cap, mid-cap or small-cap stock that is fundamentally strong and holds growth promise.

3. Links to some interesting articles on global markets will be provided.

4. A brief monthly review of the Sensex will be presented.

5. Each subscriber will be able to chat on-line with me exclusively once a month for 15 minutes.

6. To enable individualised attention, only 12 subscriptions are being offered initially, on a first-come first-served basis. Subscriptions will remain open till Jan 28, 2010 - but may close earlier if 12 subscribers sign up before then. So book your spot early.

7. Individualised portfolio creation, analysis, and discussion will be provided on request at additional charge. The charges will be discussed and mutually agreed upon. (I will offer portfolio help to non-subscribers as well - as I've been receiving several requests from readers over the past few months. But subscribers will get priority, and a discounted rate.)

8. The first newsletter should be ready for distribution by Jan 31, 2010.

If you haven't sent a request for the FREE eBook yet, do so now. Check the link below for details. The FREE eBook offer will remain open till Jan 31, 2010.

Related Post

eBook: How to become a better investor

No comments: